David Southgate Consulting Limited, trading as Southgate Consulting, is committed to protecting the privacy of its candidates, clients and users of the www.southgateconsulting.com website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website, or directly, is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The information we collect and how we use it
Southgate Consulting may request candidate personal details, including but not limited to your name, address, curriculum vitae, salary, benefits and notice period. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- To provide our services to you, including career advice and suitability for a potential vacancy.
- To maintain an on-going business relationship, as a client or candidate, where you are a user of our website or communicating with us by telephone, email or letter.
- To accurately match your details with specific unadvertised job opportunities, helping to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you. We will never send your CV to any person, company or organisation without your express knowledge and approval.
- To advise on job vacancies, career guidance, seminars, psychometric profiling, news, industry updates and any other information relevant only to our specific business activity. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications at any time, if you so require.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients and candidates.
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if required by law to do so.
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above, but only relating to our specific business activity.
- Our website may use a recording service which can compute mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this method is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with any company or person.
How we collect your data
- We will collect candidate data when you register with us, or through an initial telephone conversation.
- We will collect client data from an initial meeting or telephone conversation, followed by emails.
- For all references on candidates, we will receive this information provided to us by the reference subject.
Data collection points
- Direct telephone conversations with one of the Southgate Consulting team.
- Outside working hours, our external answering service, www.moneypenny.com may request your telephone number and/or email address to pass onto an employee of Southgate Consulting.
- Meeting with any employee of Southgate Consulting.
- Any information you have made available on an online platform e.g. www.linkedIn.com
- Any direct contact from yourself with one of the Southgate Consulting team.
Information retained by Southgate Consulting on is held on the Voyager Infinity system www.voyagersoftware.com, which can only be accessed via a personal log in. These are kept securely by Southgate Consulting staff members and are password protected. The data is encrypted across all connections and servers with a two-factor authentication. All data is held on Amazon AWS platform.
We work closely with Voyager Infinity to ensure secure connections at all times. However, it is important to understand there are risks that are taken when exchanging data on the internet. If you have any concerns on passing on personal information via the internet you can call us on 01235 863 525.
Curriculum Vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website, or by providing your CV to one of our staff by email. You can do this either to apply for a specific role, or for consideration by our team for suitable vacancies in the future. Your CV will be stored on the Evolve Database, which is only accessible by Southgate Consulting staff.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure as submitting a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived, providing the submission details remain the same, for example, if you submit both CVs using the same email address, or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Southgate Consulting holds about you, and/or have it removed from the Evolve Database, if you so desire. Prior to submitting a copy of the data held, we may ask you to verify your identity. Southgate Consulting will complete your request within 5 working days.
Southgate Consulting is an equal opportunities employer, and a limited company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants, and members of staff, will receive equal treatment and we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Statistical data collection
In addition to any personal information we might collect (as voluntarily supplied by you), we also collect aggregate statistical data regarding the use of our website, in the interests of assessing its effectiveness and continually improving its content. Such information cannot and does not personally identify individual visitors to our site, so does not compromise any individual’s privacy.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
This website will track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
No targeting cookies are uses on this site. This website will not share any personal information with third parties.